Jobs & Internships
Individual Giving Internship
The internship is ideal for individuals interested in exploring the potential of participatory democracy, learning nonprofit development and fundraising skills and gain professional experience with a growing nonprofit organization. The position(s) will be based in our Brooklyn, NY location.
- Assist with our internal participatory budgeting process (called PB2) including mobilizing our supporters to submit ideas, turn ideas into projects, and create a ballot that our supporters will use to directly decide how to spend a portion of their donations.
- Provide administrative support for our End of Year Fundraising Appeal, including writing and editing content, tracking data, and communicating with staff and supporters.
- Provide administrative support for two Spring 2017 Benefits including but not limited to researching spaces and vendors, developing mailing lists, and mailing invitations.
- Assist with other fundraising event planning needs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Interest in development and nonprofit work
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Data management and analysis skills preferred (please list applicable coursework or experience in your cover letter)
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills; ability to write for a non-technical audience
PBP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, strongly committed to building a staff that represents the diversity of communities we work in. Interns will receive $11 per hour with an average of 15 hours a week. For more information, visit our website atwww.participatorybudgeting.org.
We’re always looking for volunteers to help with communications, fundraising, graphic design, PB outreach and meeting facilitation, and more. Sign up here!