Mellon/ACLS Fellowship Opening - Participation Design Strategist
At the Participatory Budgeting Project, we're pleased to announce that we have been selected by the American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS) as a host organization for the Mellon/ACLS Public Fellows Program, a career-building fellowship initiative designed to expand the reach of doctoral education in the humanities. In 2018, the Public Fellows program will place up to 25 recent PhDs from the humanities and humanistic social sciences in two-year staff positions at partnering organizations in government and the nonprofit sector. Fellows will participate in the substantive work of these organizations and will receive professional mentoring, an annual stipend of $67,500, and health insurance.
The application deadline is March 14, 2018 (9pm EDT). For more information, please visit http://www.acls.org/programs/publicfellowscomp/.
Mellon/ACLS Public Fellows is a fellowship program offered by the American Council of Learned Societies and is made possible by a grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
Please direct all inquiries about the fellowship program to ACLS.
- Stipend: $67,500 per year, with health insurance coverage for the fellow, a relocation allowance, and up to $3,000 in professional development funds over the course of the fellowship
- Tenure: Two years; start date on August 1 or September 1, 2018, depending on the fellowship position
- Applications will be accepted only through the ACLS Online Fellowship Application system (ofa.acls.org). The system will open on January 4, 2018.
- Application deadline: March 14, 2018, 9pm EDT
- Notification of application status will occur by email starting late-May 2018.
- School PB Webinar Wrap-Up: Let’s bring this to your community! - January 19, 2018
- Mellon/ACLS Fellowship Opening – Participation Design Strategist - January 5, 2018
- Participatory Budgeting in Schools: Stories from the Field - January 5, 2018