Are you ready to break the cycle of cynicism that makes participation in democracy feel meaningless?
We have two new opportunities for you to learn how to launch and improve PB in your community - two trainings taking place 9am - 5pm on Wednesday, March 7th, the day before our Innovations in Participatory Democracy Conference.
In these trainings, you will learn:
- key questions to ask when designing and strengthening your PB,
- tips for facilitating each phase of the process,
- next steps you can use right now to kick start PB in your community.
Introduction to PB Training
New to running PB? Our Introduction to PB Training provides a solid foundation in the principles and mechanics of PB by taking participants through a full PB process. Hear case studies, develop practical skills for facilitating PB, and gain insights into challenges and ways to overcome them. Leave with concrete strategies for moving PB forward in your community.
Advanced PB Training
Looking to take the PB process you're already run to the next level? Our Advanced PB Training is a space to learn best practices, gather new tools, and discuss innovations with a community of fellow PB practitioners. Strengthen skills and troubleshoot together through demonstrations. Strategize about how to improve the impact and integrate equity considerations into your local PB process.
If you can't make it to either of these trainings, sign up for email alerts and we’ll let you know as soon we add more trainings to the calendar!
Thank you for working with us to rebuild our civic infrastructure!
- PBS Releases New Film on PBNYC - October 4, 2018
- School engagement that’s almost too good to be true - May 5, 2018
- Building Participatory Democracy at International Conference - April 5, 2018