Seattle PB Updates: March 2023
New and Updates
- Spring and here and the Seattle PB process is in motion!
- We hired another Seattle PB team member! Welcome, Abari Eluzai, our Youth Fellowship Facilitator Team Manager. We are so excited our team is growing! Reach out and say hey to Abari at Abari@participatorybudgeting.org
- Last week, we convened our Community Jury! The Jury will be convening throughout the month and is responsible for selecting our Steering Committee and Working Groups. Steering Committee interest forms are closed. However, Working Group interest forms are open until Friday, April 7, 2023, at 5 pm. Click here to access the Working Group interest form.
Community Engagement Partner applications are open!
To support community-led outreach and engagement, the Participatory Budgeting Project will facilitate the distribution, administration, and supervision of $100,000 toward Community Engagement Partnerships. Organizations and community groups could apply for up to a $10,000 Partnership as individual entities or together as a larger group or coalition.
Organizations selected to participate in the Community Engagement Partnership program will conduct outreach and engagement activities to ensure community members and residents:
- Hear and learn about the process
- Understand how they can get involved and have access to the information and resources needed to participate in each phase of the process
- Participate in each phase of the participatory budgeting process
Click here to access the Community Engagement Partner Proposal
Click here to access the Community Engagement Partner Application
The application deadline for the Community Engagement Partner Application is Friday, April 21, 2023, by 5 pm!
For more information or any questions, please contact Fundisha Tibebe at, Fundisha@participatorybudgeting.org or register here for an information session.
We will move into the Design Phase of the process in April once our Steering Committee is selected! Stay tuned for more updates!
We are almost staffed up for our local PB Seattle team and are continuing to seek out candidates for one more opening:
- Our Participatory Budgeting Coordinator position is still open - Apply to join us!
Engage with us on social media during the Seattle process:
- Twitter: @PBProject
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ParticipatoryBudgetingProject
- Instagram: @pbp_org
- Seattle People's Fellows Instagram: @seattlepeoplesfellowship