We look forward to seeing you soon at the first International Conference on Participatory Budgeting in the US and Canada. Due to popular demand, the deadline for proposals has been extended to January 31st. Please see the call for proposals for submission guidelines, and feel free to ask us about your session ideas.
The conference dates have also been set – March 30-31, 2012. The conference organizers are already planning an exciting lineup of sessions and activities. Here’s a taste of what to expect:
– Site Visits to Observe PB Voting in NYC
– Presentations on PB processes in New York, Chicago, Toronto Community Housing, Guelph, Montreal, Porto Alegre, the UK, and elsewhere
– Sessions on e-Participatory Budgeting & Digital Media, Community Organizing, Arts & Culture, Public Housing, and Youth Engagement
– Focused discussions for elected officials, practitioners, and community organizations
Stay tuned to the new conference website for updates!
- PBP’s Flickr Gallery - October 13, 2015
- Research Series: PB in the life of Brian. - September 22, 2015
- PB Research Series: A Moment with Stephanie McNulty - August 25, 2015