Just a few years ago, few people in North America had heard of participatory budgeting, and even fewer thought it would work here. We’ve worked tirelessly to prove that it can, and five years later, we’re taking a step back to see how far we’ve come, with your support and participation. Our new report “Real Money, Real Power: The First Five Years of The Participatory Budgeting Project” tracks our work to grow PB from Chicago’s 49th ward to the White House, bringing to life a new form of governance in over a dozen cities in the US and Canada.
If you’ve been with us for the ride, take a look at how far we’ve come. If you’re new to PB, this is a perfect way to get caught up!
Our First 5 Years, By the Numbers:
- 46,000 PB participants
- $45,000,000 allocated to address community needs
- 20 PB processes in 13 cities across the U.S. and Canada
- 20 cities organizing for PB
- 34 elected officials brought closer to their constituents
- 9 fantastic staff members
- 200 dedicated supporters like you!
Download the report here: