The Communications Intern will be based out of our Brooklyn office, reporting to our Communications Director. The intern will assist in generating content to engage and equip PBP’s community of PB practitioners, local participants, and supporters.
ABOUT THE PARTICIPATORY BUDGETING PROJECT
The Participatory Budgeting Project (PBP) is a non-profit organization that empowers people across the US and Canada to decide together how to spend public money. We create and support participatory budgeting (PB) processes that deepen democracy, build stronger communities, and make public budgets more equitable and effective. Through our work with partners in over 12 cities, we have engaged 100,000 people in deciding how to spend $98 million.
- Write and edit content for digital channels including Twitter, Facebook, and monthly newsletters
- Support the collection of PB Stories by tracking outreach to PB participants whose stories represent a diverse experience with PB
- Assist with development of press kits, publicity materials and PB technical assistance materials, including copy editing
- Track, compile and report on media coverage (including social media) and website analytics
- Strong writing skills; ability write for a non-technical audience
- Strong copy editing
- Familiarity with creating content for Twitter, Facebook, and WordPress
- Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or InDesign;
- HTML and CSS
$500 monthly stipend.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Communications Intern in the subject line.
Applications should include the following, if possible compiled in a single pdf:
- cover letter explaining your relevant experience and interest in the internship and
We strongly encourage applications from people of color, women, and LGBTQ individuals.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, until the position is filled.