The Program Intern will be based out of our Brooklyn office, and will regularly engage with PBP project staff across the U.S. to improve our evolving suite of participatory budgeting materials and tailor them for use in local communities.
- Prepare content for PB educational, outreach and project management materials, including info sheets, facilitation materials, participant guides, powerpoint presentations for government clients in multiple cities
- Attend and assist with PB meetings in New York City, including working with elected officials and staff, community groups and community residents
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail and a knack for always finding ways to make things better
- Demonstrated interest in public policy, political science, education, urban studies and/or social justice issues
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google content creation tools
- Ability to translate materials into languages other than English (especially Spanish) a plus
The Program Intern will be based out of our Oakland office, and will regularly engage with PBP project staff across the U.S. to gather, organize and analyze community-generated data from PB processes in multiple cities.
- Collate and analyze data for local PB process, including data generated via online engagement tools
- Maintain data about the impact and growth of PB across North America
- Strong data collection and processing skills
- Attention to detail
- High level of comfort with spreadsheets
- Demonstrated interest in public policy, political science, urban planning, information science and/or social justice issues
How to Apply
Please email applications to email@example.com, with a subject line that indicates your location – either “Oakland Program Intern” or “Brooklyn Program Intern”
Applications should include the following, if possible compiled in a single pdf:
- cover letter explaining your relevant experience and interest in the internship and
We strongly encourage applications from people of color, women, and LGBTQ individuals.
Application Deadline: Sept. 4
No calls please.