PBP is seeking a Technology Intern to lead the development of new and existing technology to improve PBP’s ability to track the impacts of PB in local communities and to better engage end users of civic engagement platforms. The ideal candidate will be eager to break down complex problems, research viable solutions, and build prototypes.
The Technology Intern will be based out of our Oakland office and will report to our Data and Technology Manager.
- Design shared databases and improve systems for tracking evaluation data from local PB processes
- Evaluate civic engagement technology used in local PB processes
- Research and catalog new tech tools to improve PB processes and organizational work
- Improve and document source code for community interactive tools (e.g., voter registration module)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and/or some graduate coursework
- Design thinking, research, data management, and spreadsheet skills.
- The ability to make sense of documentation and pick up new tools.
- Project management skills.
- Experience with one back-end programming language like PHP or Python, and basic HTML/CSS. Comfort using GitHub is a plus.
How to Apply
Please email applications to email@example.com, with “Technology Intern” in the subject line.
Applications should include the following, if possible compiled in a single pdf:
- cover letter explaining your relevant experience and interest in the internship
- resume and
- work sample (work sample may include a GitHub link/portfolio, a project for a class/client, or any outputs that demonstrate your abilities in design thinking/research).
We strongly encourage applications from people of color, women, and LGBTQ individuals. Application Deadline: Sept. 9
No calls please.