2016 International Participatory Budgeting Conference
We are seeking a part-time Event Coordinator to work with staff, partners, and volunteers to plan and implement PBP’s 4th International Conference on Participatory Budgeting in North America.
The conference will bring together about 300 practitioners, researchers, organizers, and community leaders interested in learning more about participatory budgeting (PB) and making democracy work better in Boston in May 2016.
The position will begin in September 2015 and run through June 2016. The event planner will work closely with and be supported by the Communications Director, the Executive Director and other staff and interns.
Logistics and Planning
- Secure a location
- Identify, solicit, and secure in-kind sponsors/donations (i.e. food & drink) as well as other vendors (i.e. caterers).
- Create and implement run-of-show plan for the event.
- Manage and train volunteers (at the conference and any preparatory work).
- Oversee and manage event.
- Assist in identifying and soliciting sponsorships via phone and email.
- Coordinate sponsor recognition packages.
- Create and manage online ticket sales.
- Track invitees, ticket purchases, comps, etc.
- Act as point of contact for sponsors and invitees.
- Act as main point of contact with vendors and benefit location.
- Update and assist in implementing outreach, including social media, email blasts, etc.
- Act as main point of contact for attendees, presenters, and volunteers.
- Assist in development of event theme and design collateral.
- Create and manage printed materials including a printed conference program.
- Receive and organize calls for proposal.
- Manage plenary and keynote sessions.
- Provide materials to support panels and other breakout sessions.
- Sponsor and attendee appreciation and recognition.
- Event evaluation.
This is a part-time position, and pay will be commensurate with experience. There is potential for further contract work with PBP, based on performance, in planning other programmatic and fundraising events.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following, in PDF form, to email@example.com
- A brief cover letter that describes your experience planning events and your salary/pay history.
- Your resume
- 3 references (preferably former events clients)
Applications will be considered immediately and on a rolling basis until the position is filled.