The Innovations in Participatory Democracy Conference will bring together more than 250 youth, educators, advocates, elected officials, and researchers to explore innovations that empower community members to make real decisions and directly participate in government.
Our conference kicks off just as 10 public high schools wrap up two weeks of voting in the Phoenix Union High School District—where students are using participatory budgeting to decide how to spend $55,000.
In order to plan a conference that’s as participatory as the innovations we’re exploring, we want to hear from you!
We’re excited to review creative, engaging, and interactive proposals (check out these example session types) that focus on innovations in participatory democracy such as participatory budgeting, citizen juries and assemblies, and key practices that connect civic engagement and deliberation with decision-making.
Submissions close November 1, 2017.
Submit your proposal for the 2018 Innovations in Participatory Democracy Conference.
On behalf of the powerful team planning the Innovations in Participatory Democracy Conference, we’re excited to shape this conference and the future of participatory democracy with you!
- Center for the Future of Arizona
- Jefferson Center
- Participatory Governance Initiative at Arizona State University
- Participatory Budgeting Project
- Phoenix Union High School District
- Policy Jury Group.
We look forward to reviewing your proposal and to working together to grow and deepen the impacts of innovations in participatory democracy.
- Get involved with the Innovations in Participatory Democracy Conference - September 12, 2017
- Save the Date: Innovations in Participatory Democracy Conference - August 22, 2017
- What happens when students lead PB? - April 19, 2017