Happy New Year! As we enter 2018, we’re blown away by your commitment to democracy.
Thank you to nearly 200 of you who donated to our Democracy Made by You Campaign, raising over $33,000 to grow participatory budgeting. And, special thanks to the Brooklyn Community Foundation for contributing $7,500 toward this total, as matching funds for your donations.
Thank YOU for affirming that “Democracy is not a Spectator Sport.”
Your support will help us:
- bring young people to our Innovations in Participatory Democracy Conference in March 2018;
- expand PB in schools;
- launch more PB processes across North America;
- create resources like Data for the People and our PB in Schools Video.
Thank YOU for being part of this community.
Thank you for believing that people, like Malachi Hernandez, should be able to make the decisions that affect their lives.
On one of our Giving Tuesday Facebook Live Events, Malachi, a young PB leader in Boston, shared:
“I got involved in PB when I was in high school and saw it as an opportunity to get my voice heard as a young adult. Because of PB I was able to attain and develop communication, research, advocacy, and data analysis skills – which I’m using for my school work and other professions I’m considering for my future.”
During a time when many folks are disillusioned about the political process and government’s role, you understand the power of PB to transform communities.
Thank you for being part of this movement with us.
PS Everyone who donates to PBP gets to decide how part of our budget is spent, through our own PB process. We’re now collecting ideas for new projects that can support PB on the ground – What’s your idea?
- Can you sign up as a PBNYC poll worker? - March 21, 2018
- Will you dedicate your birthday to democracy? - March 20, 2018
- PBP Leadership Change & Annual Report: Transforming Democracy - March 6, 2018