Thank YOU for choosing to push ahead with us to strengthen communities and empower residents through participatory budgeting (PB).
This #GivingTuesday, we raised over $21,000—with close to $14,000 from nearly 150 supporters and a $7,500 match from the Brooklyn Community Foundation.
Your support will help us:
- bring young people to our Innovations in Participatory Democracy Conference in March 2018;
- expand PB in schools;
- launch more PB processes across North America;
- create resources like Data for the People and our PB in Schools Video.
Thank YOU for being part of this community.
Thank you for believing that people, like Malachi Hernandez, should be able to make the decisions that affect their lives.
On one of our Giving Tuesday Facebook Live Events, Malachi, a young PB leader in Boston, shared:
“I got involved in PB when I was in high school and saw it as an opportunity to get my voice heard as a young adult. Because of PB I was able to attain and develop communication, research, advocacy, and data analysis skills – which I’m using for my school work and other professions I’m considering for my future.”
This is what Democracy Made by YOU looks and feels like:
Empowered Residents and Engaged and Connected Communities.
During a time when many folks are disillusioned about the political process and government’s role in upholding justice for all, you understand the power of PB to transform communities. Your commitment to make PB part of everyday civic engagement in every community, with participation from everyone is inspiring.
Thank you for being part of this movement with us.
PS Want to hear from more PB leaders like Malachi? Register for our Innovations in Participatory Democracy Conference with early bird pricing until the end of the year – and submit to share YOUR work by December 1st (tomorrow)!
- Will you dedicate your birthday to democracy? - March 20, 2018
- PBP Leadership Change & Annual Report: Transforming Democracy - March 6, 2018
- BIG News for PB in Schools – and a BIG invitation! - February 15, 2018