It is that time of the year again! We need your ideas for how to make PB bigger and better. To practice what we preach, PBP invites everyone who donates to our organization to decide how part of the donations are spent – it’s our own participatory budgeting process, called PB2.
Last year, you voted to spend $30,000 on – Map of Funded PB Projects,
PB for Homeless Services Toolkit, and Video: PB Advocacy for Elected Officials!
We’re now launching our next cycle. We anticipate having $35,000 for projects this year, but the total pot of money is up to you! We set aside 50% of all individual donations revenues for PB2, so the more we raise, the more we can fund.
We invite you to submit your idea to make PB better in 2018. Anyone can submit an idea!
To be eligible, an idea should:
- be of benefit to local PB processes or campaigns in multiple locations, not just one city.
- be specific, measurable, and require funds to be implemented.
- be feasible for PBP to implement in 2018-2019.
- cost no more than $10,000.
We encourage you to clearly identify the problem that your idea seeks to address. This will help our budget delegates* as they turn your ideas into fundable proposals!
PS. Our PB Amplifiers serve as budget delegates for the process. Sign up here if you want to help.
- Participatory budgeting increases voter likelihood 7% - June 28, 2018
- Participatory Budgeting in NYC: $210 million for 706 community projects - June 11, 2018
- This is our moment – are you in? - April 30, 2018